There are six Level 3 Performance Units to be assessed before you can gain the Experienced Worker qualification. Candidates must have a minimum of five years’ experience together with 18th Edition and Initial Verification. Once a candidate has gained the qualification, they will then be able to take the AM2E at any AM2 centre in the UK. Upon successful completion of the NVQ and AM2E candidates will be eligible for the JIB gold card. The AM2E mirrors the AM2S.
You must provide evidence from a site of your previous work to demonstrate you can fully meet the performance requirements of each unit.
The first step is to provide details of your qualifications, experience and background and this can be done by completing the Candidate background form. This will then allow us to determine suitability for the NVQ.
All successful candidates will need to complete a Skill Scan upon enrolment on the NVQ.
You will be assessed via a range of methods and an assessor will need to observe you at work on at least one occasion during the evidence-gathering process. This can be done remotely via Zoom, teams or any other video method.
The NVQ level 3 is not a training course; it is an assessment of your competence and is mandatory for those of you who require JIB Gold Card status. The NVQ is relatively easy to achieve as long as you are working within the electrical industry and have access to the right kind of work. Achievement of the NVQ Level 3 in full is based upon existing qualifications, site/work-based assessments of competence and AM2 (see below).
Moving forward and to achieve the NVQ, the evidence will need to include:
- Photographic evidence of the work being undertaken (not just finished work).
- Written evidence of what you are doing on-site and how you are covering the various unit criteria.
- Document evidence including risk assessments, method statements, any other H&S information, test documentation, material schedules, permits, delivery notes, specifications, drawings, plans, diagrams and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Expert witness testimonies, someone ideally in a supervisory or management position, confirming the work completed and able to provide witness statements.
- Site Assessments, undertaken using remote video conferencing systems which will mean:
– Remote site observations can be arranged at short notice.
– Remote site observations can be taken at any time of your working hours, even at weekends or in the evenings.
– Remote site observations allow your witnesses to join the video conference via their mobile phone, tablet and/or PC so they do not need to be with you at the time of your assessment.
– Remote site observations allow the assessor to speak with your supervisor and/or site manager to verify the work you have covered and provide act as witness to your competency.
The AM2 assessment is a mandatory unit within this qualification and can be completed at a dedicated AM2 centre of your choice, depending on where you are based in the UK. The test is an industry recognised trade test that is controlled by National Electrotechnical Training (NET), a registered UK charity that owns, manages and develops End Point Assessments and Assessments of Occupational Competence for the electrotechnical industry.
Candidates will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test, commission and diagnose faults in accordance with the installation specification provided by the assessor and in accordance with the relevant statutory and non-statutory regulations on the following:
- Lighting and power circuits
- A three-phase distribution board and sub circuit
- A central heating/sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data cabling system.
Please note: If you already have your AM2 certificate before it was updated you can contact NET to undertake a bridging assessment (once the units have been completed and verified) at a significantly lower cost than taking the new AM2E Practical Assessment from scratch. Anyone with an AM2 achieved before 2010 is required to do an additional testing unit. Anyone with an AM2 achieved after April 2010 needs to do the PVC and Steel Conduit installation.
Course cost for Experienced Worker NVQ only £1750 (inc VAT). This does not include 18th edition, AM2E or Initial verification.
Discount will be offered if booked with 18th edition through DTE.